- Each January, complete a Free
Application for Federal Student Aid
- All eligible students will be required to submit a Barstow
College Verification Worksheet to the Financial Aid Office.
- All students must develop an educational plan with a counselor.
- All students must either have a high school diploma/GED or pass a
federally approved Ability to Benefit exam.
- If selected for verification students are required to submit the
Verification Worksheet, prior year’s
tax return, W-2s and other necessary information as requested by the
Financial Aid Office.
- Students must request official transcripts
from all institutions attended prior to Barstow College. Transcripts
must be evaluated by a counselor and input into Barstow College’s
database prior to receiving financial aid.
- Students in default on a federal student loan, overpayment
or Return to Title IV status with any institution, are ineligible
to receive financial aid.
- The Financial Aid Office ensures confidentiality of all records and
- The Financial Aid Office does not release information to any
third party, unless legally required to do so, without prior authorization
from the student. This includes parents, spouse, siblings or friends.
- If a student decides to share information with a third party
about their financial aid file, a FERPA Release
Form must be completed. A fax signature is sufficient for release
of information once it is matched with other documents received
by the Financial Aid Office.