Fall and Spring Semester Hours:
Monday & Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday & Wednesday 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Summer Semester Hours:
Monday - Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Welcome to the Barstow College Tutoring Services Homepage! Did you know that…
- Tutoring services are free for BCC students?
- You can just walk-in and get help on an assignment?
- You can make an appointment and reserve a tutor?
- Tutoring is available for nearly all classes offered at BCC?
- We offer study group tutoring for Chemistry 1A?
- We offer Online Navigation tutoring to help you with the nuts & bolts of taking an online class?
- We offer Live Online Math and English tutoring?
- You can ask questions on the online Tutorial Discussion Board?
- You can get basic math tutoring to help you with the Assessment/Placement test?
- You can view our help links to get immediate assistance with Math or English?
- Your children in 6th-12th grade can use the Tutoring Center for help with their homework?
Mission & Goals
It is our mission to provide quality instructional support for students through peer tutoring services by providing a supportive and encouraging learning environment where students learn effective study skill techniques, become active participants in their learning process, and develop a positive approach toward learning that will facilitate achievement of their academic goals.
Student Learning Outcomes
Our goal is that students enrolling in Education 150 will accomplish the following:
- Students will demonstrate ability to do their work on their own through interaction with tutors.
- Students are able to utilize the information they acquire from tutors in their course work.
"I received tutoring for all 3 of my math classes and got an A My thanks to all the tutorial staff."
Michael, Math 3
"I like coming to the Tutorial Lab. I enjoy the environment and the people."
Stephanie, Engl 101/2