Dear Staff and Students,
We need your help to ensure the safety of our staff and student body.
Barstow Community College is currently rolling out the AlertU emergency SMS messaging platform to enhance our current communication services during crisis situations. AlertU will allow us to broadcast critical information, in real time, to the mobile devices of the student body. This is particularly important for those students and staff who may be in, or near, a crisis zone.
For this service to be successful, it is imperative to get all of our staff and registered students signed up. Follow the simple steps below (it takes less than 30 seconds), and please help by encouraging your friends and fellow students to do the same.
Sign Up Instructions:
1) Enter your cell phone number in the boxes at the end of this letter and click sign up.
2) You will receive a welcome text message:
Please join Barstow Community College’s Emergency Alert System. No spam. Reply Y to sign up.
3) Reply “Y”.
4) That’s it!
Additionally, you might want to program ‘253788’ into your phone contact list (address book) as ‘AlertU’ so you will recognize these messages as critical alerts from Barstow Community College if/when they are sent out.
We value your privacy as staff and students at Barstow Community College, and can promise:
- You will never receive any mobile spam
- No personal information will ever be shared with anyone
- Only Barstow Community College administrators will have access to the alerting system
- The AlertU system will only be used in the event of an emergency/crisis
- This service is free, though standard text message rates do apply
Thank you for your help and patience. For more information please visit www.alertu.org.